Little Man LOVES to bake and cook with me so when I can I include him. We made banana nut bread this morning. Recipe at the bottom of the post!
My recipe came from pinchmysalt.com
Whole Wheat Banana Bread
1/2 C. (1 stick) butter
1 C. sugar
1 C. mashed ripe banana (2 or 3 bananas)
1 t. vanilla
2 C. King Arthur Stone Ground Whole Wheat Flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/2 C chopped walnuts (optional, pecans are also good)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
3. Add the eggs, bananas and vanilla (plus applesauce if using) and beat well.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt (plus wheat germ if using).
5. Stir the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients. At this point, add the chopped nuts if using.
6. Pour this mixture into a greased, 9×5-inch loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes then take it out and let cool on wire rack.